Mental health problems are more widespread than most people realize. Here at Hannibal Regional Hospital, we are ready to assist your loved one in getting the care needed during this stressful time. While we help the patient, it is important for family members to care for themselves.
Our Team is Your Support System
- Safety - You and your loved one are in a safe environment.
- Shared Communication - Our team will advise you of resources available to you as you care for your family member.
- Immediate Plan of Care - We will work with you and your loved one to develop a plan of care.
- Discharge - We will let you know what resources are available to your loved one once he or she is discharged from the hospital.
Recognize Your Feelings and Concerns
As a caregiver you may have feelings of:
Our team of care providers is here to support you and make resources available to you.
What you can expect from Emergency Mental Health Care
- Urgent Medical care
- Mental Health Assessment
- Possible transfer to a mental health facility
- Possible discharge home
Available Family Support
- Chaplain available 24 hours a day
- Social Worker
- Mental Health professional
If it would help you to speak with a chaplain, social worker or other mental health professional while you are waiting for your family member, you may ask the concierge or a nurse to call them to come to the emergency room to speak with you.
In the best interest of our patients, family members may or may not be permitted in the exam rooms. This will be determined by the health care professional based upon individual circumstances.
Suggestions While You Wait:
- Call chaplain or personal clergy member
- Call family or friends
- Visit chapel in hospital mall area
- Television in Emergency Department waiting room
- Walk in hospital or outside (but let the concierge know where you are going.)
- Free WiFi available for your personal laptop
- Brochures, books, magazines are available in Emergency waiting Room
- Dining and accommodation guide available in Emergency Waiting Room
Hospital Food Service
Family members and visitors are welcome to use our cafeteria, the Courtyard Cafe, located on the first floor of the hospital. A variety of reasonably priced food is available.
Weekdays: 6 am – 6 pm
Weekends: 6:30 am – 3 pm
Monday - Friday late night service: 10 pm - midnight
Closed daily from 10:15 am - 10:30 am
Vending Machines for food or soda are available in the Emergency waiting Room
- Emergency Waiting Room
- Main Hospital Entrance
Hospital Main Entrance Doors close at 9 pm and reopens at 5 am. (You can exit at any time.)