Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN)
Obstetrics and Gynecology (often abbreviated to OB/GYN) is the medical specialty that deals with obstetrics and gynecology. The postgraduate training program for both aspects is unified. This combined training prepares the practicing OB/GYN to be adept at the care of female reproductive organs' health and at the management of pregnancy.
Our OB/GYN’s provide an array of obstetrical and gynecological services for those who want care for pregnancy, childbirth, and disorders of the reproductive system, including:
- Normal obstetrics and gynecology
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
- Pregnancy checkup and health care
- Menopausal health
- Assessment and treatment of female incontinence
- Vulvar diseases
To schedule an appointment please call 573-629-3500.
Gynecologic Surgery Procedures
Our Women's Health physicians are able to perform a range of gynecologic surgery procedures, including:
- Hysterectomy: Removes the uterus, and sometimes the cervix, ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Tubal ligation: Blocks, ties or cuts the fallopian tubes to prevent pregnancy
- Urinary incontinence surgery: Provides support for the urethra and bladder
- Pelvic organ prolapse surgery: Reconstructs the pelvic floor to support organs, such as bladder and uterus
- Endometrial ablation: Destroys the uterine lining to stop excessive bleeding
- Loop electrosurgical extraction procedure (LEEP): Removes abnormal cervical cells
- Myomectomy: Removes uterine fibroids, which are noncancerous growths
- Laparoscopy: Treats endometriosis, ovarian cysts and ectopic pregnancies
- Hysteroscopy: Examines the uterus for causes of abnormal bleeding and removes noncancerous uterine fibroids and polyps
When possible, Dr. Jennifer Roberts is able to perform robot-assisted procedures using the da Vinci® Surgical System. The doctor will use a laparoscope, or small video camera, to guide the procedure. This minimally invasive method requires smaller incisions and less cutting of muscle and other soft tissues.
Our Women's Health Providers
Click on the picture for more details.