Financial Assistance at Hannibal Regional Hospital
Hannibal Regional Hospital strives to accommodate persons who have a financial need due to unmet hospital expense. Financial counselors are available to assist patients by helping them work out payment plans, qualify for government programs or other financial assistance. Hannibal Regional Hospital is also committed to a program of financial assistance for qualified patients who have received or will receive medically necessary hospital services. If you need or have had hospital services and believe you may meet at least two of the qualifications listed below, contact one of our financial counselors at (573) 248-5452 or (573) 406-5764 to discuss the application process.
Do I meet the qualifications for financial help?
Hannibal Regional Hospital will consider all patients who are uninsured, under-insured or unemployed potential candidates for financial assistance. Financial services will be provided without an expectation of payment. Hannibal Regional Hospital believes that caring for the patient sometimes includes helping that patient resolve financial matters that are a result of their hospital stay.
You may meet charity care qualifications if:
- You are insured with coverage that is inadequate to pay for the hospital service but do not have the ability to pay the balance.
- You are uninsured without the ability to pay for hospital services.
- Your family income is below 275% of the Federal Poverty Guideline. Your spendable income allowance is less than 5% of the balance owed the hospital on a month to month basis.
2023 Poverty Guidelines For The 48 Contiguous States And The District of Columbia
|PERSONS IN FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD
|For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $5,140 for each additional person.
Spendable income allowance defined as income available for payment after consideration for the following:
- Mortgage or rent expense
- Car payment/transportation costs
- Uninsured medications
- Child support and daycare Insurance for auto, health, and property
You have total assets available to pay hospital expenses worth less than $2,000 with the following exceptions:
- Home equity
- Auto equity
- Life insurance equity
You can demonstrate a verifiable inability to borrow the funds needed to eliminate the account balance.