As a cardiac electrophysiologist, Dr. Santhisri Kodali specializes in the treatment of heart rhythm problems, also known as cardiac arrhythmias. She chose to join Hannibal Regional in order to build a cardiac electrophysiology program that will provide high quality and cutting-edge care for patients with arrhythmias in Hannibal and the surrounding communities.
Dr. Kodali obtained her undergraduate degree in biomedical engineering at the University of Texas at Austin, graduating with honors. She subsequently obtained her MD degree from the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine. She then completed her internal medicine residency and general cardiology fellowship at Houston Methodist Hospital. Following this, she completed her cardiac electrophysiology training at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. She then earned her MBA degree from Rice University. As a cardiac electrophysiologist, she performs cardiac device implantation procedures and catheter ablation of arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia.
1. Santangeli, P, Kodali, S, Liang JJ. How to Perform Left Atrial Transseptal Access And Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation from A Superior Approach. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2020 Jan; 31(1): 293-299.
2. Kodali, S, Santangeli, P, Garcia, FC. Mapping and Ablation of Arrhythmias from Uncommon Sites (Aortic Cusp, Pulmonary Artery, and Left Ventricular Summit). Card Electrophysiol Clin. 2019; 11(4):665-674.
3. Kodali, S, Shirai, Y, Muser, D, Callans, DJ, Marchlinski, FE, Santangeli, P. Ventricular tachycardia in nonischemic cardiomyopathy: Anteroseptal vs inferolateral origin based on ICD ventricular electrogram timing. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2019; 1‐ 10.
4. Kodali, S, Shirai, Y, Callans, DJ, Zado, ES, Marchlinski, FE, Santangeli, P. Usefulness of ICD electrograms analysis to distinguish endocardial vs epicardial ventricular tachycardia in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2019; 30: 1526‐ 1534.
5. Liang JJ, Kodali S, Schaller RD, Birati EY, Marchlinski FE, Santangeli P. Intraprocedural slow continuous ultrafiltration: A novel strategy to prevent acute hemodynamic decompensation from volume overload during VT ablation. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2018; 41:1043–1044.
6. Connell JP, Kodali S, Cooke JP. Therapeutic Transdifferentiation: A Novel Approach for Ischemic Syndromes. Methodist Debakey Cardiovasc J. 2015;11(3):176-80.
7. Baher A, Mowla A, Kodali S, Polsani V, R, Nabi F, Nagueh S, F, Volpi J, J, Shah D, J: Cardiac MRI Improves Identification of Etiology of Acute Ischemic Stroke. Cerebrovasc Dis 2014; 37:277-284.
8. Kodali S, Baher A, Shah DJ. Safety of cardiac MRI in patients with cardiac devices. Methodist DeBakey Cardiovascular Journal. 2013 Jul-Sep;9(3):137-41.
9. Nichols MD, Choudhary R, Kodali S, Reichert WM. 2013. Coagulation-induced resistance to fluid flow in small-diameter vascular grafts and graft mimics measured by purging pressure. J Biomed Mater Res Part B 2013:00: 000–000.
10. Baher A, Kodali S, Xu J, Zoghbi WA, Quinones M, Valderrabano M, Shah DJ. Cardiac MRI is Safe in Patients with Pacemakers and Defibrillators. J Cardiovasc Magn R. 2012 Feb; 14(suppl 1): O102.