What is Family Practice?
Family Practice, also known as Family Medicine, is a medical specialty devoted to comprehensive healthcare for people of all ages. A family physician, or practitioner, delivers a range of acute, chronic and preventive medical care services, while also providing preventive care for their patients.
Why choose HRMG in Lousiana for your medical home?
HRMG in Louisiana is focused on guiding your healthcare journey to help you achieve better health while keeping the best interests of you and your family in mind. Our team of expert physicians, providers, specialists, and support staff are always available to assist you through every step of the process on your path to better health.
What services are available?
In addition to diagnosing and treating illness, family medicine provides preventive care and personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Family medicine providers also manage chronic illness, often coordinating care provided by other specialists.
A family medicine provider can provide:
- Health Screenings: Well child, adult, employment, school and sports physicals
- Well woman care: pap test and breast exams
- Treatment of minor acute illnesses
- Management of chronic illnesses
- Health education, promotion, and counseling for individuals
- Laboratory testing
- Laceration repair and lesion removal
Our Louisiana Providers
Click on the picture for more details.