Calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI) and get started on your weight loss journey at Hannibal Regional Weight Management Solutions.
Requirements for Bariatric Surgery:
- BMI of 40 or above;
- BMI of 35-39.9 with obesity-related comorbid conditions listed below.
New guidelines for the surgical treatment of obesity have been published as of October 2022. While most insurances have not updated their medical policy to the new guidelines, you may be eligible under the following guidelines:
- BMI of 35 or above;
- BMI of 30-34.9 with obesity-related comorbid conditions as noted above;
- BMI of 30-34.9 with documented attempts at weight loss in the past without long-term success.
Upon completion of our informational seminar (either in-person or online) as well as submission of new patient health history, a member of our team will be in contact to discuss options.
Requirements for Medical Weight Loss
- BMI of 30 or greater;
- BMI of 27-29.9 with obesity-related comorbid conditions listed below.
Comorbid conditions include but are not limited to:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Sleep apnea
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis